Would you consider further education?

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Time to share my experiences

Let me start my brand new blog with a bit about myself:

I was born in trendy East London, England on a Sunny afternoon way back in 1982. I was a quiet boy with a wild imagination and lots of friends (some of them I’ve come to realise were fictitious)


We were fortunate enough to have quite a nice park nearby with lots of trees and shrubs to get lost in and make hideouts. This early playful childhood made me the man I am, and it was my ability to make do with what little I had which has got me to where I am today!

At college I majored in English Language, Psychology, Art and Media. I followed through with an extraordinary year in design school, where I homed in on fine art, graphic design and all round visual communication.

I then took a some evening classes to make the most of the time I had available as a student by learning basic French I also was fortunate enough to work for a local PR agency (part time to scrape together some pennies to fund the my social life).

After this moment in my life I realised I was made for something other than what I was doing, I love London but it was time to discover the rest of the world!

I finished and completed my Art Course and graduated top of my class. Three months later I enrolled onto my bachelors in Birmingham University, UK. I studied Marketing and graduated with honours!

Whilst at university I attended many graduate school events some with large groups of multinational schools; others directly at the institutions I was lucky enough to visit (as they were close by). During one convention I met a couple of people who were interested in speaking with American universities so we done our research and came across one international grad school tour and three of the eight of us ended up enrolling on the same course at the same institution.

I ended up reading Business Strategy for my Masters at NYU Stern. I have since moved Vancouver and work for the Canadian arm of an International advertising agency.

For the most part I feel all my hard work has paid off but I can’t help but wonder what it would be like to get back into education and work towards my MBA. I know there are so many different types and that the MBA has become all encompassing.

I hope to discover the world of further education and beyond. If and when i come across anything interesting I’ll be sure to post it on here so that it can help someone else as much as it has helped me.

Similarly if there is anything further someone would like information on, CV help, interview tips, advice on moving to another country. Feel free to ask!

...Oh by the way, I’m The Man About Town. Welcome to my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment